Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Art From The Rose Garden

I found myself back on this blog, playing in the garden ... So if you're reading this even after my long absence, I thank you so for checking back in with me! 

I thought I'd share some art with you.  My mom and I have the same birthday (different years, of course!), so for her/our birthday, she and I and my younger daughter headed to the nearby rose garden to create art and experiment (if we wished) with haiku.  My mom occasionally paints and draws, and she's also a writer, and a gardener, and a naturalist, so I thought it would be fun to share what we love all in one go!

Here's my daughter's art:


She captured a lot of detail about the rose plant itself:


Here's my mom's.  She calls it "Perfect Scent":


And here's mine:

What fun we had!

1 comment:

Chris said...

What a wonderful, inspiring idea. Thanks for sharing these, Jane.